Ms. Ruffio’s career spans more than 45 years’ experience writing about technology and science for business, technical, and government audiences in the United States and overseas. Her work includes:
- Technical writing and editing for companies in the petroleum, biotech, and information technology sectors.
- B2B technical content and copy writing for companies in the information technology, healthcare, and education sectors.
Her qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Science in Biology (Portland State University)
- Master of Marine Studies (University of Washington)
Ms. Ruffio has worked with companies of all sizes and stages of business maturity. However, she has worked with enterprise companies such as Microsoft Corporation, Intel, Hewlett-Packard, Compaq, Cognizant Technologies, Amoco Oil Company, Shell Pipeline, and Tata Consulting Services.
Her notable projects include:
- For National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA): Wrote field reports for the Outer Continental Shelf Environmental
- Assessment Program, a first-of-its-kind regional baseline survey of Alaskan waters.
- For syndicate led by Hudson Engineering: helped edit Sakhalin Island Environmental Impact Statement (part of drilling proposal); submitted to the Republic of Russia.
- For syndicate led by Amoco Production Company, edited Eighth Licensing Round North Sea drilling proposal; submitted to the Republic of The Netherlands.
- For Amoco Production Company: Senior editor on two-year rewrite of APC purchasing specs.
- Reducing Cybersecurity Risk for Remote Workers: An Ultimate GuideRead Guide
The View from the Remote Workplace Working from home increases the risk to system security and data privacy. With this guide, remote workers and independent professionals can: Recognize and avoid basic security threats. Set up effective cybersecurity practices. Establish effective security habits.