$ / mo
Based in Malaysia, you would expect Hide.me VPN to be a desperate attempt at hitting the online security provider market with second-rate services, stellar prices, and horrific performance.
However, who would have thought that this was actually a relatively good VPN? Sure, the prices are a bit steep, but I firmly believe its features justify the costs.
There are two plans, a premium and a free one. For the purpose of this article, we’ll take a look at the paid service, but we’ll also mention that characteristics of the free version.
- True no-logs policy
- Kill-switch available (however, it won’t work if the app crashes)
- Very good cross-platform support
- Available for Windows, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS
- Enhanced security features
- Works with torrenting
- Very easy to use
- IP leak detected
- Netflix and BBC iPlayer are not accessible